Sunday, June 28, 2009

Target=what a debacle!

I remember the days when my couponing started when everything was so easy. Not anymore. I am guessing because so many people are taking advantage of coupons and not in a good way is why most places I go to anymore scrutinize everything. To be fair, I did grab the wrong razors at first and inadvertently gave the cashier coupons that said not for trial size and didn't realize it. Anyway I took DH and DD with me which I knew would be a mistake but we were out and so we went. Plus the razor deal was ending last night. I rushed through the store to get all of this as quickly as possible so as not to aggravate DH. He is thrilled I am saving money but still thinks it is something that is inconvenient for him to partake in. But I digress. Here is the breakdown and I did 4 different transactions to get the Gillette gift cards but the cashier would not let me use them to roll each transaction. She was really nice and very patient. I was in line for 30 minutes so I let it go.

4 Gillette Razors $7.49 ea
used 4 -$4 MQ and 1 -$4 TQ home mailer
4 Gillette Body Wash $3.49 ea
used 4 -$4 MQ
FYI-The deal was to buy one of each and get $5 GC
Got 4 $5 GC
Then I bought:
Dawn Pure Essentials $2.49
used -.50 TQ and -$1.50 MQ
Goldfish $1.82
6 Bottles A-1 $2.09 ea
used 6 -$2MQ
Pepperidge Farm Hamburger buns $2.49 (I didn't know they would be 2/$4 today Argh!)
used -75 TQ and -.55 MQ
Eggo Twists $1.50
used-$1 printable
Vaseline Lotion $2.99
-$1.25 MQ
6 Cans Mighty Dog can food .57 ea
used 5 Free Coupons and 1 Buy 5 get one free home mailer
2 Rayovac batteries $1 ea
used 2 -$1 MQ
2 Kraft Dressing $2.29 ea
used 2 -$1 MQ and -$1/2 TQ home mailer
2 Oscar Mayer hot dogs $1.99 ea
used -$1/2 MQ and -$1/2 TQ

Total OOP:$14.76
Total Savings:$77.41

No comments:

Post a Comment