Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend Shopping and GRRRRR WAGS!

WALMART:
Walmart has the 4lb bags that were previously $5 on sale for $3 and I found three -$2 coupons that I forgot i had in the P&G $120 coupon booklet!
3 bags Iams dog food $3 each
used 3-$2 off mQ
Kitten Chow $1.87
used free kitten chow MQ from previous Sunday paper
Book for DD $3.48
Book for me $5.97
Total OOP: $13 and change
Savings:$7.87

CVS: Can I just say I love CVS? They are so nice and EASY especially when you compare them to the following WAGS transaction. Anyway...

3 Kelloggs cereal 3/$10
used 3 -$1 off printables from Coupons.com (hurry they are still available!)
2 CVS nuts
used $2/2 CVS CRT
2 COlgate Max Fresh
used 2 -$1 off MQ from All you Magazine
Aleve $2.99
used -$1 off peelie on box
2 Dawn dishsoap .99 each
used 2 -.50 MQ $120 P&G booklet
Adidas deodorant $3.99
used -$1 MQ previous insert
Zantrex $4.99

Then I used a $4/20 CRT
and $18.98 in ECB
Total OOP:$0.93
Savings:$40.65
ECB receievd: $16.99

WAGS-AKA the Bane of my existence
2 Newspapers $1.50 ea
2 Listerine 2/$9
used 2 -$2 MQ
Dawn .99
used -.50 MQ
Colgate Sensitive $4.49
used -$1 printable
2 books for DD $10
Walgreens Ibuprofen 0.50
Right Guard Extreme $2.99
used -$1 off MQ

OOP:$ 3.10
RR used $29.50
Total Savings: $41.96

Got back :$11 RR

And the reason this doesn't add up IS! A lousy manager! Well not exactly but...

I also purchased Thermacare wraps at $5.99 thinking I would get $3 RR back. I also used a $3 printable for this that was not taken off my total. When I went back to check the sign to make sure I go the right one because the RR DID NOT print I discovered that the RR sign was covered up by the weekly sale sign and when I looked under it it said I had to buy advil too to get the RR. I decided since I didn't need Advil and I didn't get my coupon taken off that I would just return it. Well what was I thinking? The manager came over and began to lecture me about how I shouldn't have gotten the RR that I did and that now I am only allowed one transaction per week that would print a RR. If I were to get more he was instructed to rip up the RR. He said "it says it right there in the ad" Which it does not of course it just says one per transaction. He then went on to tell me that it was coupon fraud and all but accused me of it and people come in to several stores and clear the shelves and that the manufacturer is losing out because people like me are making money off it. I was very calm and told him that this was ridiculous and that they would be losing a lot of business if this was true. FYI I did email WAGS corporate and have not received a response yet. There is no way this is true for obvious reasons, I mean what is he gonna do monitor everyone that walks in his store and everything they buy? Honestly I have had very few issues up until this point but this trip was highly disappointing and I said I would not be back. At least to that store anyway:) How about you? Have you had any ridiculous stories in WAGS or anywhere else?

I was then refunded my $5.99 and given back my $ 3.00 printable which left my
OOP:=-$2.89

No comments:

Post a Comment